Invasion of the PODS!!!! =D

November 21st, 2011

I know its late but I could not help but give my opinion on the “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”.  It was a mix of communism war terror and terror of the unknown. The movie itself was very impressively made for a movie so early in the film history.  The use of the pods and foaming bubbles really gave that uncertainty effect of that they actually where. 

It foreshadowed the eeriness of the movie and gave the audience a sense of unknowingly fear for what may come next.

One of my favorite scenes by far, was the scene when they were hiding from the towns people in the office and when they awoke early the next morning to find the town and police acting strange.  The use of the cameras high angle long shot gave that sense of being in the room with them looking through the window at this strange behavior. The use of few close-ups on the actually actions of the people allowed it that unnerving feeling of seeing a large group of people gathering slowly for all directions.

I also loved the use of the abundant amount of pods used to help give the audience tha sense of horror of how bad things can get in the film.  It also showed a huge turning point of the film to me because it lets them realize that there may be no way out because the police where involved, a sense of fear and escape.

Then last but not least the use of dialogue when Jack their friend and the doctor who helped them early in the film, came upstairs and told the two characters what was to become of them of they did not conform.  The way they explained how the town was and how it is now and also how it will be, in a way that was unnerving, using lines like “…Your new bodies are growing in there. They’re taking you over cell for cell, atom for atom……There’s no need for love…Love. Desire, Ambition, Faith Without them, life is so simple, believe me.”  This line to me showed me and the characters, the extent and magnitude of the towns’ problem. The fact that they must escape or live a life without emotion! This then allowed for the dialogue that to me was the best part of the entire film, the realness of the human emotion, “I want to love and be loved. I want your children. I don’t want a world without love or grief or beauty. I’d rather die.”

Wow is all I can say, a line to me that spoke for the audience, humanity and stood against the entire situation at hand.  Very powerful dialogue for this film, also among it the famous line of the film “Look, you fools. You’re in danger. Can’t you see? They’re after you. They’re after all of us. Our wives, our children, everyone. They’re here already. YOU’RE NEXT!”

LOVED IT!!!

One Response to “Invasion of the PODS!!!! =D”

1. Francesca Scaturro on December 13, 2011 4:18 pm

I enjoyed reading this post because I liked to read about how much you enjoyed the movie. The lines you picked from the movie were very interesting because it really outlines what most humans cannot live without. No one wants to be emotionless, or else what would be the point of going through our everyday lives? Although this wasn’t one of my favorite movies, you convinced me that it does outline some important concepts, and that this early sci-fi thriller is great candy for the eyes, especially with all the special effects of soap bubbles and the pods.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS